Off Campus Access Information
Access Online Databases Off Campus
If you are researching off campus, click on the Off Campus Access
button in the upper-right corner of the library's website.
You will see the white screen below (with the fields empty):
When you see the white authentication screen, enter in your Blackboard portal username
(firstname.lastname) and password
The library is not able to provide your Blackboard portal login information. If you do not know your Blackboard portal username and/or password, please contact Technology Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
, or 701-845-7340.
Next, you will be brought to a confirmation screen, where you can then proceed to the list of databases and find the one that you are looking for.
Please note that Off Campus Access is necessary to take advantage of the Library's online resources from outside of the VCSU network. To access your Library Account, you will need to use a separate login sequence, which is explained below.
If you are having difficulties accessing our online databases using the steps above, any or all of the following:
- Make certain that you have signed into Off Campus Access using your Blackboard Username and Password
- Logging into your Library Account in Primo actually requires your Blackboard Username and ConnectND password. This is also the username/password combination you will use to log in to make Interlibrary Loan requests.
- Clear your browsing history. Depending on the browser you are using, this option will appear either in the Settings options, or History options.
- Change the browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) you are using to access our databases, and follow the steps above.
- Visit the Library's YouTube Channel for tutorials and tips about navigating our website, catalog, and databases.
- Contact the Library for additional assistance.
Access Your Library Account
To access your Library Account (and to log into Primo), navigate to My Account in Primo
. You will see the screen below (with the fields empty):
When you see the ODIN authentication screen, enter in your Blackboard portal username
(firstname.lastname) and Campus Connection password
. Please note that this login information differs from those required of the white Off Campus Access screen pictured above.
You may use your account to view the items you have checked out, check the status of your ILL requests, and to maintain your favorite book and article selections in the catalog. For more information about the My Account feature, please visit our My Account Information Page